- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Mar 19
Financial Analyst - Risk and Control # 125010
Product Control (PC) Operational Risk professionals are responsible for the all matters concerning operational risk in conjunction with business line managers within PC. You will be working within a global team of highly specialized and experienced professionals.
The role offers:
- Be part of global, dynamic PC Operational s Risk team.
- Identify, assess and work with the line and enabling functions, to mitigate operational risks.
- Develop and implement control standards and guidelines with PC line and enabling functions.
- Perform/initiate/support risk assessment and mitigation initiatives, as appropriate.
- Investigate significant incidents, SOX Issues, SAB 99 and other near miss events to identify and implement lessons learned, mitigating actions, etc.
- Perform quality assurance reviews and consolidate global reviews for global reporting.
- Produce monthly reporting related to Control Matters (Incidents, Control Improvement Points, SAB 99s, Suspense accounts).
- Represent PC Operationals Risk in cross functional working groups.
- Support the PC training program and transition of metrics to Tableau.
What You'd Do:
Provide independent consolidated view of operational risk issues within department. Work with line management to continually improve the control environment. Identification, review, reporting and escalation of operational risk to Global/Regional/Product controller functions. Execution of specific reviews requested by the Global/Regional/Product controller functions. Quality Assurance Reviews over General Ledger Account Ownership and SOX 404 sign-offs. Provide training and guidance on control related matters to the line including areas such as, incident reporting, SOX, and account ownership. Review balance sheet accounts for proper controls and compliance with internal account ownership guidelines. Provide controls training to Product Control Line Organizations.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers are highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to build relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You are experienced with a minimum of 3+ years involvement in financial industry.
- Masters Degree or a CPA is desired but not required.
- Do you have a solid computerPC skills especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of large volumes of data?
- You are a team player, proactive, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process changes.
- You have strong communication and organizational skills.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Control mindset.
- Do you have strong interpersonal skills - ability to influence others?
- You are a self-starter who is able to work independently.