- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Mar 19
General Ledger Control Specialist Americas Lead # 127722
The General Ledger Account Ownership (GLAO) process helps provide the firm with assurance over the accuracy of the firm's Balance Sheet. The process secures ownership of individual balance sheet accounts with the specific objective of ensuring responsibility, accountability, and accuracy of these accounts. GLAO is recognized as one of the key Governance Models under the US Sarbanes Oxley Act 404.
You should be able to:
- Provide oversight of the Americas General Ledger Account Ownership (GLAO) Governance program which includes review of the Line GLAO sign off results across all departments to ensure quality and accuracy of sign off; management reporting and presentation of the results to the regional Steering Committee.
- Drive departmental control related projects through collaboration with business partners and other team members.
- Successful collaboration with the other departmental ORC teams to ensure compliance with the GLAO program (e.g., scheduled meetings to discuss concerns and updates on outstanding issues).
- Use innovation to implement operational improvements and reduce non-value add.
- Work with General Ledger team to ensure the GL Account Opening process is in line with CS and regulatory requirements.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have 8+ years strong Financial Statement experience, preferably in the Financial Service Industry.
- You have strong communication/interpersonal/presentation skills.
- You have detailed oriented mindset.
- You are proficient in Microsoft applications.
- You have strong PowerPoint presentation skills.