CCB-Risk-Home Lending-Capital Markets Risk Mgt Lead-Executive Director
CCB - Risk-HomeLending -Capital Markets Risk Management Lead- ED JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financialservices firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firmis a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and smallbusinesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and assetmanagement. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase& Co. serves millions of customers in the United States and many of theworld's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients underits J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. isavailable at www.jpmorganchase.com Our Firmwide RiskFunction
is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culturethat embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highestcorporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Businesspriorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from themany risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparentculture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused onnurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Riskprofessionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment. Chase Consumer& Community Banking (CCB)
serves consumers and small businesses with abroad range of financial services, including personal banking, small businessbanking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance andinvestment advice. Consumer& Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line ofbusiness to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of riskthat occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational,credit, market and regulatory, among others
TheExecutive Director will be a key member of the Risk Management leadership teamfor Chase Home Lending. This Executive Director role is responsible forcapital markets transaction review and approvals. The ideal candidate must beable to effectively collaborate with the Capital Markets businesses, as well asother risk and control partners. Key areas of responsibility include but notlimited to
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Develop an effective risk oversight structure through active engagement with the capital markets business units being supported. Drive decisions through the appropriate governance.
- Maintain capital market policies consistent with Home Lending Risk Appetite and investor/insurer requirements.
- Assure proper escalation of all risk issues within Firm-wide governance framework.
- Participate in external reviews by investors, Government Regulatory bodies and Public Ratings Agencies
- Manage HL Capital Markets risk engagements and oversee bulk transactions covering MSR and whole loan trades.
- Provide HL Risk engagement for independent credit, compliance, profitability, and counterparty due diligence assessment of all strategic initiatives
- Direct risk monitoring for performance of the HL owned and serviced mortgage portfolios, including delinquency/loss rates and MSR purchases/sales/flows, while providing visibility into expected vs. actual performance (prepayment, delinquency etc.)
- Provide effective challenge and continuously strive to find better, more effective ways to provide risk management oversight while supporting portfolio return objectives
- Interface with market risk management risk partners on interest rate risk, convexity risk, etc.
- 15 years experience within a Home LendingRisk or a related senior risk leadership role
- Knowledge of capital markets activities andassociated risks
- Strong knowledge and keen interest infinancial markets and residential mortgage products
- Prior experience in managing market risk formortgage products is a plus
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of MortgageBanking regulatory principles and rules
- Credit knowledge and experience with policy,collateral evaluation, underwriting, etc.
- Direct experience of leading successfulnegotiations with key external parties and industry bodies (incl. Regulators,GSE's, MI's, etc).
- Current experience of operating successfullywith executive level individuals, improving the risk management maturity andcapability across multiple business functions (e.g. marketing, operations anddistribution)
- Ability to establish new functions, associatedprocesses and drive innovation
- Excellent partnership and team managementskills, with ability to work closely with the various risk andbusiness/functional teams
- Ability to manage a team of ~7 high caliber employeesin a diverse and collaborative environment
- Strong organizational, control, projectmanagement, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to summarize and explain clearlycomplex information to a wide range of audiences (C-suite, senior leaders,audit, controller, finance, model developers, regulators and controls).