Director - Blockchain
The Chief Technology Office
(CTO) provides solutions to guide technology across the firm globally, removing inefficiencies and streamlining how we deliver quality solutions. We're continuing to evolve from building next-gen platforms to guiding architectures that unlock their capabilities, automating how we take code from inception to production. We're focused on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are portable across multi-cloud platforms to stay resilient, scalable and maintainable. The CTO will drive Modern Engineering Practices
across the firm and provide the pathway for technologist to improve their speed, quality and application development practices.
You will be working with a team that will impact at scale in the intersection of blockchain and banking/capital markets infrastructure. Building world-class disruptive technologies require vision, persistence, innovation, and a deep belief that nothing is impossible. We are looking for a motivated lead looking to build world class solutions.
- Work with our lines of Business to help accelerate adoption
- Work closely with company leadership to define roadmap and extend an existing custom blockchain implementation
- Collaborate with CTO, blockchain engineers and undertake R&D projects to create novel hybrid solutions to solve problems while maintaining high level of performance
- Help develop blockchain product specs.
- Collaboratively define blockchain systems architecture and best practices.
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem-solving.
- Hands-on experience with engineering blockchain codebase, whether proprietary (e.g., Chain) or open source (e.g., Ethereum, Hyperledger, Corda).
- Strong understanding of the cryptographic principles and data dependencies underpinning blockchain technologies.
- Experience and understanding of major consensus protocols, asymmetric encryption, Merkle trees, hash functions, key-value database
- Experience and understanding of transaction scripting and smart contracts, especially Bitcoin style conditionalized transactions
- Understanding of key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding, lightning, and other scaling methodologies
- Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in a collaborative and agile environment
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.