Federal Tax Operations Lead
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 26 Mar 19
Federal Tax Operations Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
High Level Tax Department role leading the Federal Tax Operations Function including tax accounting and tax compliance for life insurance companies.
- Review federal tax returns and related workpapers.
- Lead and review consolidation of the federal tax return including required workpapers.
- High level review of quarterly estimated tax payment calculations.
- Lead contact with actuarial regarding tax reserves and other actuarial matters.
- Lead and review US GAAP and Statutory current and deferred tax provisions including preparation/review of supporting workpapers.
- Review provision to tax return computations.
- Lead planning process for the life insurance companies.
- Review/compile information necessary to respond to the information requests from the IRS.
- Perform tax research and analysis.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Assist on various tax technology projects including tax provision system improvements.
- Lead and develop talent.
- Assist with the development of the strategic vision of the tax department.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or similar field, Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience
- Deep understanding of tax accounting and tax compliance processes for insurance companies and non insurance companies
- Excellent Excel and other tax technology skills
- Good general understanding of life insurance and asset management businesses
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.