Senior Java Developer
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
The E*TRADE Technology team supports a platform which provides visibility, as well as preventative and detective controls, to support the Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Compliance organizations. This platform is integrated into all aspects of the E*TRADE customer experience, and acts as a key solution for the identification and prevention of misuse of bank and brokerage services. This platform is managed by a dedicated team. The team is seeking a new developer to support the growing business requirements of this platform. RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will:
- Consult with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services and technical support
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using E*TRADE's standard development methodology
- Work with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications
- Analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group
- Contribute to defining time tables and project plans
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs
- Take lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions
- Contribute to the achievement of team objectives
- Provide production support for solutions developed by the team
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- 5+ years of development experience with web technology and in the following areas:
- Experience developing in Java, Python, Perl and UNIX batch scripts
- 1+ year of experience with ActiveMQ or Websphere MQ
- 3+ years of development experience with SQL, PL/SQL, relational databases (Sybase or Oracle)
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Self-starter who can handle multiple tasks
- Experience working with large data sets
- Prior experience in and knowledge of the financial industry - brokerage or banking
- Experience in Agile development process
- Experience with Actimize Risk Case Manager (RCM)
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with automation
- Experience in AWS Cloud environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other similar technical degree or equivalent work experience
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.