This position will support ongoing Wealth Management (WM) and Chase Wealth Management (CWM) Technology initiatives in Operations and Client Service platforms, and drive the Agile transformation of the global org. As an Executive Director, you will be responsible for overall strategy and delivery of multiple initiatives, while managing current BAU initiatives including client and stakeholder communication. Specific responsibilities include:
- Define and structure overall Program Management rigor and governance for key programs.
- Align our overall business strategy with the technology roadmap.
- Serve as liaison between the Technology organization and the business users, managing key client relationships.
- Manage the risk and control agenda for the programs as part of the end-to-end ownership.
- Oversee project scoping and estimation activities, ensure the project scope and approach are documented and managed, review plans with business and technology stakeholders and acquire sign-off from business and technology leadership.
- Assist in evaluating priorities and advice on options, risks, and costs versus benefits of proposed solutions.
- Work with the CTO, Project Managers and Resource Managers to develop a project staffing model, build and manage the project team, define roles and responsibilities of project team members, monitor resource allocations and project budgets - including vendor partner and employees.
- Drive a program plan and manage project costs, quality, and schedules to drive project execution activities through implementation and project closure
- Hold project status meetings to review overall project RAG status, risks and issues, action items, and assess progress as defined in the project schedule
- Provide feedback and lessons learned on project execution and project team performance
- Optimize utilization of talent through specific development and mobility programs.
- Drive Agile transformation through a well-defined strategy aligned with "Advancing You" agenda.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum 15 years of Application Development and management experience including experience with large complex technology projects
- Experience in design, coding, testing and debugging skills in multiple technologies, functions (e.g. transaction management, risk management etc.) and industries using Agile methodologies.
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team management, leadership and coaching skills
- Detailed knowledge of project lifecycle and software development lifecycle deliverables including version and revision control practices and procedures
- Ability to manage Executive Client Relationship.
- Experience working in Investment Management, Securities Processing Operations, Retail finance industries.
- Knowledge of JPMC Enterprise Program Management pipeline and engagement processes and Enterprise Systems applications is a plus
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact effectively with all levels
- Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment, and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Excellent proven planning and dealing with ambiguity skills
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities and circumstances.
- Position will be based out of the NY metro area