IT Data Specialist (US)
Company Overview About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open Job Description About This Role
•End to End technical ownership of project delivery
•Understanding of design, development and delivery of data solutions including ingestion of data into data lake, data mart, repositories, and extraction processes to external vendors.
•Excellent communications skills
•Ability To work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment (conference calls - multiple location)
• Lead or provide expertise in defining and managing detailed system design for data integration processes or data marts/ warehouse builds or extensions
• Interface with the architecture group to determine the overall solution and ensure conformance to established data management standards
• Work closely with various technology teams, business systems analysis, development and project teams in the creation of detailed system requirements, specification documents related to Data Management initiatives and resolve information flow and content issues
• Coordinate with various infrastructure teams for assessing impacts of projects on storage, network, and database infrastructure
• Manage and coordinate efforts of data modelers, data warehouse/data integration developers, and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data management process in database usage and data warehousing
• Ensure metadata and data lineage is captured and compatible with enterprise metadata and data management tools and processes
• Provide data management expertise t to the development and testing teams to resolve data issues
• Implement, maintain and enhance Data Governance, Data Quality and related policies, in alignment with TD's Enterprise standards and frameworks in collaboration with the Data Managers/Stewards/Owners
• Oversee that requirements regarding privacy and security of data, data governance and access controls are appropriately captured
• Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines
• Create development estimates for various phases of project requests and responsible for reviewing and approving business / system specification requirements, authoring system design specifications and system deployment plans
• Collaborate with testing services and approving test strategy and plans
• Coordinate with project managers and resource manager to establish project plan and allocate resources to the project
• Responsible for leading the implementation and support of leading-edge, data warehouse / big data environments
• Support data warehouse / big data environments by directing / collaborating with stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges
• Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments
• Lead coordination efforts with other technology work teams such as, ITS, Architecture, TRMIS etc. to ensure project success
• Apply standards and best practices to ensure that the application's data is accurate, complete, current, understandable, and accessible Requirements What can you bring to TD?
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- • BS in Engineering or relevant experience
• Minimum 5 years recent IT development experience with experience with data modeling and data architecture.
• Hands-on experience with creating and maintaining a centralized data repository.
• At least 3 years of experience identifying and articulating needs, determining project scope, creating a plan and estimating project costs, effort, and duration.
• Experience with providing Business Solutions Services to include system application planning and development, developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Experience in aggregating internal, external, structured and unstructured data into a unified data warehouse and developing a comprehensive business intelligence and analytics capability to support insight and decision making.
• Solid understanding of Oracle database and fluent in SQL
• Strong knowledge of ETL and Data Warehouse data modeling principles and development best practices
• Experience working with customer stakeholders, analysts to identify customer requirements to develop the strategy and design the end-to-end enterprise solutions that best meet customer needs
• Collaborate with network and security architects during data modeling, data mapping and system specification activities.
• Experience in transforming business oriented functional specifications into detailed technical specifications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - articulating and communicating information and ideas to varying audiences and in multiple written styles (persuasive, informative, narrative) in order to negotiate/gain access to information and records.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.