Data Analyst II
The Bloomberg Law (BLAW) division of Global Data supports best-in-class tools, search and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government, and Tax. We extract knowledge from hundreds of millions of legal documents and build intelligent models to enable our customers to get the right answers quickly. As a valued member of the team, you will work hand in hand with both our business and engineering teams as you'll work to ensure data related to the legal content is in a condition conducive to user-facing enhancements. You'll also work to create processes that ensure that users get consistent, market-leading results when they use our BLAW products. What's in it for you:
What you'll need:
- You'll contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform
- We will give you on-the-job training, learning and development
- You will experience Bloomberg's dynamic environment and contribute to creating new technology for the legal, government, and tax professions
- We'll invest in your career, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities
We'd love to see but is not required:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical work experience; additionally a Minor, related coursework, or professional experience in accounting, finance, and/or tax
- 3+ years of professional experience in data analysis
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and analytical skills
- Experience using Excel or VBA for data analysis
- Familiarity with MS Excel and/or MS Access
- Proven ability with mark-up languages (XML, SGML and/or HTML) and XPath
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Project management skills and/or experience
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.