Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Government
Bloomberg Government is changing the government sector by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. Our goal is to become an indispensable tool for private and public sector professionals by supporting their day-to-day tasks and providing solutions that help them get real-time answers and better serve their companies.
What's in it for you:
As part of our team, you will help build a visualization layer on top of the Bloomberg Government data platform, support our government data on the Bloomberg Terminal, as well as develop the internal tools that our data analysts use to curate our products. You will also help in our task to transfer our data catalog to the public cloud. All of this so our clients can interact and consume our data efficiently. Here you will use internal Bloomberg technologies along with technologies like AWS Lambda, Kinesis and EMR to help make our data better. You will be given the opportunity to display your creativity and deliver continuous end-user value in an Agile environment. We are self-motivated engineers who like to research, learn, and apply current technologies to build new product features that anticipate our customers' needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Create and maintain Bloomberg Government data on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work directly with product owners and data specialists to provide data and build products that our clients use to solve complex problems
- Build and support a distributed platform supporting all Bloomberg Government data
- Work with data analysts to collect insight on possible data collection efficiencies and identify automation potential for manual workflows
- Working with AWS cloud services to implement micro services using serverless technologies
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java, Java Script
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases, SQL
- A passion to learn new technologies
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with applying machine learning algorithms to solve complex data mining problems
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal technologies (C/C++, Java, Rapid)
- Working with AWS and building infrastructure using Cloudformation
- Familiarity with Web development (Vue, TypeScript, JSON, Bootstrap, Node.js, XML)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.