Quality Engineer / Ingénieur (H/F)
For progressive computer science and information technology-oriented graduates, this is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and global organization with a passion for building stronger businesses for our clients. Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
See how joining Cognizant and embracing the Future of Work can help you drive your career forward.
Who we are
With the growth of smart phones, tablets and new operating systems requiring constant updates daily, quality products are more critical than ever before. Our Quality Engineering & Assurance (QEA) practice partners with you to bolster development initiatives, providing reliable support across a range of hardware and software, testing infrastructure, and testing products that ensure automated test coverage and drive product quality.
By joining as a Quality Engineer, you will become part of our U.S. based QEA practice, ranked a 'Leader' in Gartner, Forrester and IDC evaluations for application testing services. The practice provides a full range of QEA services to our U.S. clients across multiple industry sectors, including automation test development, agile QE, DevOps engineering, performance testing, manual testing, test design, and test consulting.
- Know your customer: understand the client's business processes and how the software being tested impacts the client's business \t
- Become a quality evangelist - advocate right bugs to fix and reject the ones that would put client's end customers at risk \t
- Develop ability to map client's business process to your testing methodology
- Become a 'future focused' quality assurance (QA) leader: develop a good understanding of rising trends in the QA industry (QE, DevOps, Agile QA & Digital) and apply these technologies to your client's QA environment \t
- Gain knowledge of the architecture of the client's system - code structure, underlying database and interactions with other software \t
- Find new and interesting ways of breaking the software using automated and manual tests \t
- Learn new tools/technologies to automate tests (such as Selenium, Tosca, Cucumber Java and Python)
- Work with Analysts, Developers, and PM teams to identify what needs to be tested in existing or new features of the software product \t
- Understand the existing test assets and identify relevant test areas \t
- Prior to starting your client engagement, you will attend New Hire Training, where you will learn about our history, vision and culture, our global delivery model, and our processes, tools and methodologies. You will receive training on client-relationship management skills, as well as technical training on software development and testing methodologies and project management.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the passion and appetite to learn newer technologies. Within the QEA Practice, we provide a technical career path with the opportunity to be 'hands-on' and get involved in code and design.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Our preferred majors are Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related majors that provide foundational knowledge in software development and testing. Degree must be completed prior to joining. \t
- Understanding fundamentals of software development life cycle and importance of quality management and processes \t
- Familiarity with programming languages or frameworks, such as Java, Python, .NET, C, C++, etc. \t
- Basic understanding on database concepts - relational DB or NO SQL \t
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills \t
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills \t
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams \t
- Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of the major geographic areas where we have significant customer accounts and/or travel may be required \t
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for these roles
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Oct 14 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.