Cyber & Technology Risk Controller WMA IT and Americas
- Weehawken, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 19
Job Reference # 191154BR
Are you risk averse? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? We are looking for someone like that who can:
- support IT and Operational Risk Control management with sound advice and material support across the full range of risk management lifecycle activities, including risk identification, assessment, and oversight of remediation planning and execution
- attend all IT risk governance activities, including the senior managements monthly WMA IT and Americas IT Risk Board and divisional and regional operational risk forums
- understand the key external audit reporting for the division and region and ensure appropriate IT attention as needed
- represent Cyber & Technology Risk Control towards regulators, either directly or by supporting the Americas head of Operational Risk for these areas
- build strong relationships with Senior C&ORC, IT and business stakeholders (including Legal, Compliance, HR, Technology, Group Information Security Office, BCM and Audit functions) across the WMA division and Americas region to proactively identify risk issues, drive remediation activities and continuously improve C&ORC Cyber & Technology Risk services
- understand complex issues quickly and set priorities according to technical as well as strategic considerations
- provide functional and regional specific thought leadership for IT Risk topics and input into the Global IT Risk strategic direction
- actively manage IT risks in accordance with the Group’s Risk framework across the division and region and ensure risks are properly evaluated, recorded and mitigating action plans are monitored through to completion
- implement the C&ORC Cyber & Technology Risk (2LOD) governance model and supporting methodologies
You’ll be reporting into the Group Head of C&ORC Cyber & Technology Risk. We are part of the Group Compliance, Regulatory and Governance Board Area, within which the Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) function resides. We provide oversight of the functions Group Technology and Chief Information Security Office (CISO), as well all technology, cyber & information security risks across the UBS Group.
- a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant discipline
- experience of working in the financial sector across a broad spectrum of business types (Investment Banking, Wealth Management, etc.)
- knowledge and experience of the legal and regulatory environments in the US, and engaging directly with regulators as a senior expert
- in-depth experience of IT Risk frameworks and governance methodologies
- broad specialist level knowledge of information security technology and IT such as UNIX, Windows, databases, network infrastructure, firewalls, application development, Information Security tools ( logging & monitoring tools, break glass processes emergency envelope tools, Public Key Infrastructures, Cryptography)
- knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud, DevOps. AI&Big Data
- an experienced Technology Risk Manager with 10+ years of experience in IT Risk/IT Audit or a similar subject-matter area
- analytical, with the ability to provide practical solutions for managing risk
- result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
- a team player with the ability to work independently to organize, manage and complete projects within tight deadlines
- able to communicate with different levels of seniority as well as able to communicate technical issues in business language within a global organization
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.