IT Software Engineer
- Weehawken, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187383BR
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to:
– Work within our GED (Global Equity Derivatives) technology team
– Work on a Java / RESTful Web service / Oracle / Linux / SVN / Git / Teamcity / Puppet technical stack
– Take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
– Be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the challenge of simplifying and rationalising them
You'll be working as part of an GED team based in Weehawken, NJ. This team is one of a community globally, so collaboration is essential and is actively managed. We are responsible for systems used by the Global Equity Derivatives business.
There are a number of applications in this area which are used on the trading floors in London, New York and Hong Kong. Your team delivers change and third line support on one or more of these systems which manage OTC and ETD trades and products.
– 8+ years hands-on experience in the development, design, maintenance and integration of software solutions
– Proficiency in core Java programming, Spring framework
– Familiar with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
– Good understanding and usage of DBMS'
– Experience working with complex applications with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment globally
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
– The ability to resolve production issues escalated to you
– Experience with the full software development life cycle predominantly with agile methodologies
– Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with stakeholders
– Excellent research, investigation and evaluation skills
– Experience in the financial services industry desirable but not essential
– A Software craftsperson focused on delivering clean code
– Proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of development effort status
– Comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries
– Process oriented and have worked in an onshore-offshore model
– Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical personnel
– Skilled at recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.