Senior Java Engineer (JR999838)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring. This is a full time / direct hire role for a Senior Java Engineer based out of our Deer Park, NY office. In this role, you will provide vision and leadership for designing and implementing information technology initiatives that align with the mission of Broadridge. The Manager of Development directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of the Company operations to improve cost-effectiveness, service quality, and mission development.
Are you a self starter with a real passion for Technology? If you're looking for a growing and dynamic opportunity to join a leading Fin-Tech on Long Island, we encourage you to read below to learn more.
- You'll focus on functional, technical and implementation related aspects of the work products being produced.
- You will possess extensive business, technical, and procedural knowledge in order to lead the workflow, budget, staff, output and overall standards and procedures of a substantial application development group.
- You'll direct, manage and deliver application development projects through the application of comprehensive SDLC processes.
- You'll balance areas' supply and demand by monitoring System Enhancement Requests (SERs), Problem Reports, resource allocations and ongoing progress towards stated goals.
- You will run the client relationship, including expectations and customer satisfaction.
- You'll collaborate and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on a bold, but achievable timeline.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and Agile development methodologies.
- Provides guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- Executes on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture. Ensure quality work consistently.
- Technical leadership to resolve development and application issues performance levels and career development.
- Provide leadership in security remediation activities.
- Hands on experience with ability to mentor developers on implementing security remediation and secure programming practices.
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the applications functional and non-functional requirements.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- B.S. in Computer Science / related field required (Master's Degree desirable).
- 10 years within a programming and application system environment (Java/Cold Fusion, Oracle, SQL, Greenplum, Informatica).
- 8 years of relevant IT experience within financial / investment institutions and leadership experience in a software development organization.
- Experience with leading the development of cloud-based applications and development of APIs, web services.
- Dynamic leadership and agent of change capable of influencing the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where associates are recognized as important assets to the company.
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning.
- A proven progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager.
- Deep understanding of the Agile software development cycle and development methodology.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on in software development and technical issues.
- Self-motivated, great teammate, action-and-results oriented.
- Extraordinary project management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Well organized, extraordinary communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Exceptional leadership capability.
- Financial services experience is helpful . #LI-ME1