Associate UI Developer (JR1005302)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring. We currently are looking for an Associate UI / Front End Web Developer to join our organization. This is an excellent entry level opportunity for you to collaborate with a growing and creative team based out of our Deer Park, NY location.
In this role, you will join the UI/UX team supporting our IT Product Development Group. If you are passionate about web design and development; do you take pride in and ownership of assigned projects; possess a dream to learn new approaches and technology; are capable of working in a dynamic, multi-project environment, we urge you to read below.
- You will participate in all phases of web application development projects including requirements gathering, design, usability testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- You'll develop prototype designs, themes, design comps, site maps, wireframes and storyboards as required to illustrate design options.
- You will work closely with users and in-house developers who currently use ASP.Net & J2EE technologies to design appropriate web (and potentially mobile) application solutions.
- You'll understand our Enterprise standards and develop templates in accordance with corporate branding.
- You will integrate information architecture and usability insights throughout the design and development process to support online information accessibility and ease of navigation.
- You'll ensure all web sites function across our supported to browsers and assist with browser compatibility issues as they arise.
- You'll build and maintain web-based products that conform to current W3C standards.
- You will be involved in the development of on-line style guides and standards documentation. Maintain the approved branding standards throughout our web sites.
- Assist with identifying and evaluating new internet technology solutions.
- You'll possess a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 1+ years experience with UI Design
- Responsive Web Design: exposure to creating/maintaining responsive sites
- Responsive Design Frameworks: experience with frameworks such as Bootstrap3; Pure; Foundation; etc.
- HTML and CSS: proficient hand-coding ability (HTML5 and CSS3 is a plus)
- User Experience Design: understanding of fundamental principles and standard methodologies
- Coding editors: Proficiency with editors such as Adobe Dreamweaver CC; Sublime Text
- jQuery: experience with integrating/manipulating jQuery libraries/interfaces
- Wireframing: proficiency with wireframing tools (Balsamiq is a plus)
- Adobe Photoshop: Intermediate skill level or better
- Cross-browser testing: experience testing and resolving issues in all popular browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.)
Considered as a plus
- Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques
- Experience with Perforce Visual Client (P4V)
- Experience with CMS (content management systems)
- Knowledge /experience with Accessibility standards (WCAG, WAI)
- Knowledge of Adobe Edge applications
- Knowledge of ASP.NET and J2EE
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and IBM WebSphere environments
- Formal training and/or certification a plus