Job Description AVP - Software engineering will be responsible for designing and developing financial software applications using Agile approach. He/she will be working with application architects, business analysts, other developers, and QA analysts (both in-house and vendor) while being fully responsible for development deliverables. He/she will be running daily scrum. Strong Web and Add-ins development knowledge with .Net framework are essential to this position. Good knowledge of Java will also be key.
Individual will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing financial software applications primarily using .Net and JAVA/J2EE .
- Good hands-on experience on .Net framework and managing add-ins.
- Evaluating functional requirements for new requests, estimating effort involved and determining resource allocations that each request would require.
- Technical leadership of geographically spread out team of developers working on the design, coding and delivery of web 2.0 interface using React JS, Redux , Java and Oracle.
- Conducting daily scrums with development team.
- Conducting code reviews, design reviews, architecture reviews.
- Documenting the design and code as per the PDLC standards.
- Working in Agile environment, estimating effort and tracking progress towards key deliverables.
- Knowledge of Python, NoSql Database like MongoDB is a plus.
- Bachelors in Engineering/Computer science
- 7+ year of total software development experience.
- 5+ years Hands-on experience in design, development, testing and operational support of Java, J2EE, JMS, SOAP, SQL, JSON, XML based applications.
- Must-have skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with .Net framework.
- Experience with Java based frameworks: JPA, Springboot, Spring framework.
- Experience with Microservices and design patterns .
- Agile Scrum experience., while displaying familiarity/experience with other SDLC approaches.
- Experience in SOA with understanding of Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate etc
- SQL and database knowledge (Oracle)
- Experience with Angularjs or React/Redux.
- Experience with JBoss Studio ,Eclipse and/similar IDE tools
- Additional skills (a plus):
- Experience with Messaging like using JMS, IBM /MQ
- Experience with SQL query optimization.
- Experience with Pega.
- Exposure to NoSql database like MongoDB
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure to any machine learning libraries like Tensorflow or Scikit learn
- Soft Skills: -
- Demonstrated team player
- Individual demonstrates core values.
- Knowledge of Agile system development life cycle, and system and application program development.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.