- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
AVP, Balance Sheet Mgmt Sr. Analyst
AVP, Balance Sheet Mgmt Sr. Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19008480
Citi is a leading global bank, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve various clients of multiple background and origins. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where we promote individuals based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Treasury's Balance Sheet Solutions and Optimization ("BSSO") unit's responsibilities cover three key areas:
• Asset Allocation: Leading the analysis of / investment strategy for optimizing Citi's $400bn+ global liquidity portfolios
• Balance Sheet Optimization and Analytics: Identifying and implementing solutions to optimize Citigroup's balance sheet. This function includes driving modeling / analytics to support securities portfolios decision making.
• Costing the Balance Sheet: Leading refinements in the design of Citigroup's Transfer Pricing, Liquidity Premium and Capital Allocation frameworks to incentivize optimal use of Citi's financial resources
The successful candidate will join the Balance Sheet Optimization and Analytics team, assisting with modeling and balance sheet optimization initiatives.
• Support the firm-wide AFS/HTM CCAR work stream, including reviewing various Citi and vendor cash flow model outputs.
• Assist in the modeling initiatives for BSSO and Citi Treasury Investments (CTI), including developing and onboarding new models, while supporting the ongoing maintenance of existing models and their validation.
• Apply appropriate controls and processes to maintain compliance with the Citi Model Risk Management policy.
• Design of portfolio analytics, including the development of prototype financial models and tools to better understand and forecast the drivers of financial and risk metrics.
• Help to produce presentation materials to clearly communicate balance sheet optimization proposals, their benefits / shortcomings and the financial impact.
• Assist in coordinating and liaising with businesses and functions to educate and garner support for project initiatives.
• Contribute and support other cross-group projects and initiatives.
• One or more years of previous experience working in the finance industry.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in a quantitative-focused discipline.
• Knowledge of financial instruments and products including an awareness of bank regulation, accounting, valuation techniques and risk measurement.
• Analytical background with problem solving skills and an ability to assimilate information across a variety of financial disciplines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to converse with a wide variety of people across functions / seniority.
• Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
• Coding knowledge such as SQL, VBA and Python, as well as working experience with SharePoint, will also be an advantage.
• High energy, self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a desire to show continued progress.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet all of the criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.