At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Junior Accountant in the Regulatory Controllers group. The team is committed to provide high quality accounting and reporting functions to our business partners. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to oversee various legal entities in multiple jurisdictions, work with a diverse group of teams, and drive initiatives to enhance efficiency in a fast paced environment. Your Impact:
What you'll offer:
- Responsible for month end close process for various legal entities which includes expense/accrual analysis, variance analysis, and preparation of journal entries
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis across multiple legal entities
- Calculating intercompany fees in accordance with governing agreements and coordinating with -Intercompany Team for proper intercompany billing and settlements
- Providing day to day operational and accounting supports including monthly billing, manual wire processing, and invoice tracking
- Preparing regulatory reports that are filed with the regulatory bodies in US and foreign jurisdictions
- Supporting the preparation of annual financial statements with related footnotes in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Assisting with year-end audits, ensuring all necessary work is performed, auditors' questions and follow-up items are addressed
- Keeping internal controls documentation up-to-date and ensuring controls are operating effectively
- Assisting implementation of process improvements to build efficiencies and strengthened internal controls for the areas responsible for
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of relevant accounting and reporting experience
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting (CPA strongly preferred or CPA exams passed mandatory)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Strong quantitative, data manipulation skills, and ability to work with large data sets while succinctly summarizing conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to change priorities as needed and willingness to help others
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong professional ethics
Why join Bloomberg?
- Experience in financial services industry or any regulated industry is a plus
- Proficiency in SAP or similar accounting system
Does this sound like you?
- Opportunity to scale your experience beyond the scope of your role
- 100% funded health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Philanthropic opportunities
- A wide variety of free and healthy snacks available all day in our café
- Discounted health club reimbursement
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.