Accounting Strategy & Policy, Analyst
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone .
Blackstone's Finance group is seeking an experienced and diligent professional for a promising opportunity as an analyst on the Accounting Strategy & Policy team for the firm. In this role, he/she will support the accounting policy function for Blackstone, as well as provide strategic support to the company businesses, including the companies in which we invest, on accounting for new and complex products and transactions. Primary Responsibilities:
- Research, communicate and document accounting issues and related solutions, in support of Blackstone's public company investor relations, FP&A, business development and controllership functions
- Provide accounting and finance advice to deal teams and portfolio companies across the firm's businesses, particularly with respect to accounting for new and complex products and transactions
- Follow development of relevant US GAAP accounting standard setting at the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and related interpretations from accounting firms.
- Assist in the determination as to applicability to the company, and related documentation
- Assist with implementation efforts for new accounting standards, primarily US GAAP but including IFRS and non-GAAP measures, including developing disclosures for new standards
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting or financial services industry
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent research skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Solution-oriented thinker
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized with a robust work ethic and a positive attitude
- Committed to continuous process improvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.