Analyst, External Reporting
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
This role is in the External Reporting and Consolidations team. Responsibilities will include assisting with the monthly close process, general ledger controls and external reporting which includes working with Cadency, Oracle G/L, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) applications.
- Global Administrator of the Cadency Balance Sheet sign-off process
- Assists with the Reconciliations Review
- Load foreign exchange rates into Oracle and Cadency and perform necessary validations to ensure accuracy
- Manage the process to create or deactivate accounts in Oracle
- Coordinate the monthly close process and handle related close items
- Perform quarterly security user access reviews for Cadency, HFM and Oracle General Ledger
- Compile documentation for D&T auditors and SOX teams on a quarterly basis
- Assist with quarterly external reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required for interaction with all levels globally
- Engage and manage ad hoc projects (system upgrades and testing, process improvements, documentation and other training manual updates, script and record system trainings, etc.)
Qualifications & Skills
- BS Accounting
- 2-3 years of accounting experience /public accounting (BIG 4), with a track record of strong performance
- Demonstrate problem-solving quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Personable, self-starter, quick learner, positive attitude and team player with a desire to take on responsibility and possess strong work ethics
- CPA/CPA track
- Oracle GL
- HFM & HFM Smartview
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.