BQL Senior Software Engineer - Data Provider SDK
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. Enabling clients to access Bloomberg's data and perform custom analytics, the Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) and Analytics platform is at the forefront of innovation for our business.
The BQL Content Integration organization is responsible for on-boarding content from domain teams, as well as for BQL's metadata model, language parsing and graph validation layer along with automation tools for platform quality. To scale content on-boarding, the content integration organization is starting a new team to deliver a C++ based data provider software development kit (SDK) which will allow data teams to integrate their data into BQL in an automated manner. This solution will need to be feature rich, reflect BQL's data interchange capabilities from a domain layer, be scalable, as well as offer introspection tools to make adoption easier for content providers.
We are looking for a senior C++ engineer with top notch design and coding skills with ability to translate specific use cases to generic solutions. We'll trust you to:
What you'll need to have:
- Collaborate with BQL engineers as well as engineers across the company on our content/yellow key teams
- Work directly with BQL product and engineering leadership to design and deliver the SDK.
- Deliver multiple initiatives in a fast-paced agile environment
- Test your own code and develop maintainable systems
- Take ownership of your projects and push them to the finish line
What we'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience in using C++
- Strong understanding of OOP, data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Ability and interest in designing and delivering large-scale resilient systems
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Experience or interest in designing infrastructure systems / frameworks
- Some experience using Java/Python. Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.