Business Data Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Mar 19
Business Data Analyst
New York Life Investments (NYLIM), an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is a top 25 global asset management firm. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, NYLIM is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of client segments including retail, institutional, insurance and defined contribution and benefit on a global basis. New York Life Investments offers a diverse set of investment capabilities ranging from traditional equity and fixed income to alternative investment strategies and multi-asset solutions. Renowned for its premier investment acumen and client focus, NYLIM's vision is to be one of the most trusted providers of investment management expertise and long-term financial security.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Data Analyst to join New York Life Investment Management's Business Intelligence team. The Business Intelligence team is a center of excellence supporting our Retail Investment Management business across Distribution, Marketing, Service and Senior Management. We collaborate with each area and provide support to leverage data for business insights, drive business strategy and decision making.
The Data Analyst will primarily partner with/support Marketing & Product and will be responsible for both Marketing/Product data and analytics for New York Life Investment Management's Retail Asset Management business. The candidate must have good foundation in financial markets and products, strong analytical and writing skills, and be comfortable with multitasking between projects and tasks.
The Data Analyst's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build a strong knowledge of NYLIM's suite of products and strategies as well as competitors to act as a data SME to support Product and Marketing teams.
- Assist and/or partner with Product Management and Marketing in production of marketing collaterals.
- Responsible for improving the automation and quality of product data and services.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and production of a new/enhanced product data store and analytical services.
- Provide Ad-Hoc data analysis for New York Life / MainStay Investments and product strategy for business development efforts
- Conduct data research for product management and provide content for the development of sales and marketing materials.
- Generate analytical reports, data content, and competitive analysis using Morningstar, Bloomberg, Factset and internal systems.
- A team-oriented individual with strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, who has excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an eye for details.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics or equivalent business experience required-Industry designations (CFA®, CFP®, CIMA®) a plus.
- At least 3 years of investment-related experience. Prior Product Management, RFP, Investment Management or Research experience preferred.
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Morningstar, Bloomberg, Strategic Insights, Factset.
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and experience in Tableau is a plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.