The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our larger finance team supporting the Core Product organization. The CFO team provides critical financial advisory to the product teams in support of the business. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modelling, reporting and senior management support for a fast-paced and pioneering technology based financial services business. Your Impact:
What you'll offer:
- Directing and performing financial forecasting for revenues, expenses and capital spending
- Reviewing and presenting regular financial results packages for management; analyzing performance against forecasts and operational metrics, as well as historical revenue and expense trends
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes, and propose improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Establishing, strengthening and maintaining business partnering relationships with key business contacts at our client and internally to deliver end-to-end financial solutions & support
- Providing a broad-range of financial and operational support to our client's product development team
- Providing management support for business planning, including providing input to product manager presentations to senior management
- Developing financial models for new businesses and products
- Driving and managing ad hoc special projects or analysis. Including revenue, expense and/or operational analytics for decision support to management for strategic initiatives, business expansion and potential transactions / acquisitions
We'd love to see:
- BS in accounting or finance
- Two to five years of financial modelling, planning, reporting and analysis experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and financial modelling skills
- The ability to work with large amounts of data, while succinctly summarizing conclusions for management
- Experience partnering with business leadership to assist in business decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
Does this sound like you?
- Experience in financial services or a financial data provider industry
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.