C# / .Net Developer
Job Description In this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting software solutions for the structured finance industry including but not limited to the CDOEdge desktop application and API, the industry standard for structuring CLO transactions using Moody's rating methodology. You will participate in the development of disruptive new products that integrate the CDOEdge analytical engine with other leading MA products, including Structured Finance Portal. Structured Finance Portal offers data and analytics across all structured finance asset classes with cash flows, regulatory metrics, comparative analytics, and data aggregation in one integrated platform. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support structured finance applications.
- Implement, enhance and maintain applications to support structured finance modelling and analysis
- Interpret requirements for a business need with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for use cases and tasks.
- Take ownership of projects; implement features and unit tests based on the requirements.
- Refactor designs and implementations based on requirement changes.
- Define and maintain coding standards. Guide team members to comply with these standards.
- Collaborate with analysts to improve the tools and fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare deployment packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Strong C# .NET skills & experience.
- 3+ years software development and data analytics experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- .Net Core experience is a plus
- C/C++ experience is a plus
- Knowledge of finance, particularly structured finance, is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.