The Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) is a coalition of leading financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy. Our members currently include over 500 financial firms across over 45 countries. Members must use science-based guidelines to gain net-zero emissions, cover all emission scopes, include 2030 interim targets and commit to visible reporting and accounting.
Working with our partners who supervise the United Nations Race to Zero Campaign, we're passionate about broadening, deepening and raising net-zero ambitions across the financial system and demonstrating firms' collective commitments to supporting companies and countries to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement. Learn more about GFANZ at www.gfanzero.com.
We are looking for a Climate Finance Secretariat Lead to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing on critical research, briefing, speechwriting, and program facilitation efforts that support the growth and success of the GFANZ secretariat. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Draft briefings and memos for Secretariat principals and leadership in preparation for external meetings; support related preparatory processes, meetings, and materials
- Draft speeches and talking points for Secretariat principals and leadership for external events and engagements
- Manage the process of selecting, prioritizing, and calendarizing meetings by working with secretariat schedulers
- Lead work related to principal event preparation including liaising with external organizers, serving as point person for content development, and ensuring principals have everything they need for successful events
- Execute on priority policy workstream activities including content development (memos, documents, slides) and developing subject matter expertise in high priority areas (e.g., capital requirement frameworks)
- Execute on any other tasks related to GFANZ work and other general Secretariat activities as needed
Does this sound like you?
- 2-6 years relevant work experience with a focus on climate finance and climate related financial risk and an understanding of leading financial sector disclosure and net zero frameworks
- Experience assessing governmental regulations, laws, and frameworks related to climate and finance
- Exceptional writing skills including related to briefings, memos, and speeches
- Ability to synthesize complex policy topics into short, easy-to-understand summaries and evaluations
- Experience with presenting on complex policy areas to senior staff and stakeholders, and distilling the subject matter in a way that is easy for others to understand
- Excellent time management and process management skills including ability to draft, socialize, and update on detailed workplans and milestones
- Excellent organizational abilities and can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.