Commercial Bank - Risk -Field Exam - Associate
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ . Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
The Field Exam Associate will perform a wide variety of due diligence activities at client/prospect facilities related to ABL credit facilities, core middle market credit facilities and Investment Bank ABL credit facilities. The primary activities range from collateral (generally accounts receivable and inventory) valuation and analysis, evaluation of accounting system controls and data integrity and managerial control reviews. In addition, other activities may include investigation or reviews of "deal-specific" matters (which may range from viability of business, projections analysis, accounting treatment items, diversion of funds, etc.), fraud investigations and forensic accounting review. Examiners are required to document procedures performed in work-papers and complete a written report summarizing the results of the review. Field examination clients range in size from $5 million to well over $1 billion
- Performing project planning which includes assessing risk based on size of company location or collateral characteristics
- Lead large complex multi-divisional exams
- Collateral evaluation and analysis, evaluation of accounting system controls and data integrity and managerial control reviews
Interacting with clients and various deal team members (originators, underwriters, portfolio managers and/or credit officers) to communicate our scope
- Mentor Field Exam Analysts
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics. CPA Preferred
- 5 years of ABL Field Examination experience or 5 years of Public Accounting experience.
- Strong accounting and audit skills
- Highly motivated, proactive, ability to work well as part of a team and to work independently
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills necessary with working knowledge of MS Office and proficiency with Excel.
- Knowledge of data mining software (Monarch or Idea) required.
- 50% out of town, overnight travel required.