Asset Manager is looking to add a debt and underwriting analyst to its growing Commercial Real Estate Investment team in the New York office. We are targeting candidates with up to 2 years of relevant CRE investment experience. The firm invests in Commercial Real Estate through loan originations and CMBS securities. This is a front-office role.
- The candidate will assist in all aspects of CRE and CMBS activities with an emphasis on asset-level review and underwriting, due diligence collection and organization, asset management support, and interacting with market-wide participants in securitization transactions.
- The candidate will analyze CRE loans, work as a junior underwriter and keep an eye on the firm’s growing portfolio
- Reviewing and evaluating loans and properties backing CMBS transactions;
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of underwriting models, credit committee memos, and other supporting documents and materials;
- Helping to maintain and update the Team’s asset management database;
- Work with accounting, legal, risk, and asset management teams
- Tracking and coordinating dialogue on due diligence requests with loan sellers
- Assist the Commercial Real Estate Team with ongoing surveillance of the Funds’ portfolio, including the review of monthly remittance reports, tracking loan covenants, and liaising with 3rd party special servicers.
- Support the CRE traders – work on risk reporting, portfolio positioning and deal tracking
- 0-2 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework or internship, including real estate lending/finance, valuation, underwriting, and/or securitization
- Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Excel)
- A true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision
- Strong interest in the real estate debt and private equity industry
- Nice to have: understanding of CRE metrics like LTV and LTC
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Bachelor's degree
Keywords: Commercial Real Estate, CRE, CMBS, Loan Origination, LTV, LTC
Please send resume to Jim Geiger firstname.lastname@example.org