- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Communications Senior Lead Analyst - Finance, SVP
Communications Senior Lead Analyst - Finance, SVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19010585
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This role will be responsible for managing several tasks predominately focused on communication objectives. Individual needs to be flexible, knowledgeable about the Citi Finance Function, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and manage confidential topics. Team would champion programs and initiatives in support of the achievement of Citi Finance and Finance Risk Infrastructure (FRI) goals, providing advisory and organizational support to the Citi CFO, Citi Controller, senior finance leadership team and the Citi Finance and FRI functions.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a team environment, in situations in which the tasks may change often, be able to maintain confidentiality and work through the subtleties of the organization, including with various organizational levels and topical sensitivities. The role requires a conceptual thinker with finance knowledge and analytical skills. The individual must be able to work independently under tight deadlines to produce flawless end-results. The role also requires the individual to build and maintain excellent working relationships with cross-functional counterparts.
The responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Drive Citi Finance & FRI communications (write/edit/review), establishing central focus for organizational, initiative, functional information, procedural and technical directives. This includes Finance organizational announcements which are approved by Citi CFO and HR and FRI announcements which are approved by respective seniors and HR. Ensure messages are consistent, utilize appropriate terminology, linked, properly approved and aligned to function goals and prior approved communications /messages. Partner with respective Subject Matter Experts within and outside Citi Finance and FRI to ensure content accurate and aligned. Requires high level of confidentiality re sensitivity and timing of content.
- Manage and maintain Citi Finance & FRI websites which contain endorsed content including development of content and updates from subject matter experts; responsible for postings/banners/etc.
- Organize and develop content for Citi Finance, FRI and Controllers global town hall meetings; review content for other discipline/regional town hall meetings
- Prepare weekly Finance Features newsletter and monthly FRI newsletter to disseminate summary of information to global Finance/FRI/FRSS community
- Work in conjunction and align with Global Public Affairs (Global Functions communications team) to reinforce Citi corporate-level initiatives and coordinate efforts on Finance and FRI communications that must be broadly disseminated. Ensure the functions are in line with Citi tools, applications, technical strategy and direction
- Drive messaging and communications related to VOE initiatives including Appreciation Week including daily themes and content development. Completed in partnership with Human Resources
- Organize, develop & prepare materials (presentations/talking points/etc.) for Citi CFO and others in the Citi Finance senior leadership team for use during internal and external (non-IR) meetings (e.g., new Citi board members, orientation materials, CCOs, auditing firms, etc.)
- Manage the updating, distribution and follow-up of the Code of Ethics for Financial Professionals (updates approved by policy owner- Citi CFO) and conduct the necessary follow-ups In addition complete follow-ups on behalf of Citi CFO for Finance and FRI employees for the Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption training courses
- Partner with Citi Finance and FRI Learning team on various initiatives including review and coach Best Practice presentations to Citi Finance senior leadership team
- Complete reviews of various ad hoc presentations within Citi Finance and FRI partnering with Subject matter experts and aligning to Function objectives and terminology
- Manage Citi Finance and FRI Distribution lists, Email Distribution Tool and mailboxes of the Finance and FRI departments as well as mailboxes on behalf of the offices of selective seniors
- Ad hoc tasks within the team as required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Journalism or Communications
- 7+ years' experience in communications. Experience in the financial services industry highly preferred.
- Demonstrated business writing ability and overall communication skills. Ability to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience, including senior management.
- An understanding of the roles performed by each Citi Business and Function including the Finance disciplines and FRI organization is a plus
- Experience in website management, particularly CMS (Content Management System) is a plus
- Easily navigates technology; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop publishing tools
- Project Management Skills, including the ability to manage small to medium projects
- Flexibility and ability to handle a variety of topics with excellent verbal and written interface skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work/ partner with colleagues at all levels in the organization on a global basis
- Highly competent and experienced at multi-tasking
- Demonstrate integrity and sound/independent judgement along with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive transactions
- Control conscious
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with a mix of self-direction and guidance
- Strong work ethic and desire to improve knowledge of Finance, FRI and the associated organizational processes
- Display a proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to meet tight deadlines using sound prioritization and judgement