As the Compensation Accountant Supervisor, you will be required to manage the day-to-day activity of the Compensation staff including training, development, and ongoing guidance. The Compensation Accountant Supervisor will also assist the Compensation and General Ledger teams on a multitude of tasks; the role will require independent work to produce and/or review reconciliations and bonus calculations, as well as team projects. The duties of this position may include some or all the below:
• Supervise and review staff tasks
• Maintain the records for the Staff Equity Plans
• Calculate performance-based compensation for all desks assigned within deadlines provided.
• Book monthly accrual journal entries for equity plans and performance-based compensation.
• Review monthly for any changes to broker contracts or bonus calculations, and update compensation calculations and equity plan schedule accordingly to ensure bonus accruals are recorded accurately.
• Distribute and communicate broker commission calculations to the Desk Heads and Senior Management.
• Communicate deferral bonus amounts to Desk Heads, Senior Management, Payroll, and Human Resource.
• Review monthly journal entries for employee related activity: non-performance-based bonuses, COBRA, life insurance, disability, medical & dental, and pension.
• Review monthly staff costs report with annotations which are distributed to front office management.
• Prepare and input annual budget and forecast as it relates to compensation.
• Reconcile and review monthly bonus accrual, equity plan accruals and other payroll related balance sheet accounts.
• Liaise with firm stakeholders to provide requested equity plan information.
• Assist with internal and external audits, providing reconciliations and supporting documents that relate to compensation accounting.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and perform special projects as required
The Compensation Accountant Supervisor role is located in downtown Manhattan, so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, but the initial range is $115-125k base plus bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please email me at **firstname.lastname@example.org**