Consultant - Engagement Financial Advisor
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. Consultant, Engagement Financial Advisor Engagement Financial Advisors:
Deloitte's Engagement Financial Advisor team is comprised of professionals specializing in project and account operations serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account management control. Engagement Financial Advisors provide engagement management knowledge for the entire project management team(s) by assisting with initiating and controlling organization and logistical aspects of projects. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes, both to individual projects and to client accounts. Work You Will Do:
As a Consultant, Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA )
, you will be r esponsible for supporting one or more engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation processes and the implementation of engagement management controls. In addition, in this role you will:
- Be responsible for supporting one or more project/engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management control
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to project and track financial metrics such as revenue, expense, etc.
- Interact periodically with senior level internal, and sometimes external, clients to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice
- Track expenditures and perform the client bill and receivable collection functions
- Perform and manage project management office (PMO) functional tasks and perform day-to-day contract management activities
- Understand and utilize standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall EFA team through active involvement in one or more practice initiatives
Our Engagement Financial Advisor team, part of Deloitte Services LLP, helps clients define what they need and how it can be delivered. We work with clients to define their projects' scope in as much detail as possible using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for projects' phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients' projects on track and on cost. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business from a four-year accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a finance/financial analysis role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- All candidates must be willing and able to travel as needed; dependent on client staffing, travel is typically limited.
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios
- Experience in a professional services firm
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
How you will grow
- Engagement Financial Advisors work at a minimum of 45 hours per week, and can often work in excess of that depending on need.
- All candidates must be willing and able to travel as needed for their clients, however, depending on staffing needs, most positions are in-office-based with limited travel required.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NYCSSPEMZ004-CL4