Consulting Statistician, Manager - US Research & Insights, Deloitte Services LP
Consulting Statistician, Manager - US Research & Insights,Deloitte Services LP
The Manager, Consulting Statistician [SCS] of the DeloitteResearch & Insights [R&I] Data Science group will help cultivate andmanage a pipeline of data science and analytics projects. A primary focus of the projects will be tosupport the research goals of the rest of R&I, and other parts of thefirm. The SCS will regularly ideateprojects with other R&I industry and research leaders; help translate broadresearch goals into well-designed analytics projects; help oversee and ensurethe scientific integrity of the team's work; and help communicate findings tostakeholders. The SCS will also helpcultivate talent and serve as a scientific mentor to other members of the datascience team. The role is intended toadd both significant statistical sophistication and consulting orientation tothe data science group. Role Responsibilities:
- Participates in discussions ofresearch agendas of other R&I centers; help ideate project ideas
- Help articulate the art of thepossible; translate high-level research goals into the design of analyticalprojects
- Help establish timelines; assistin the management of the data science group's portfolio of projects
- Peer review and help ensure the scientificquality and business relevance of the team's work products
- Review team members' code asappropriate
- Coach analysts in how toeffectively communicate the results of their work in written and visual form
- Help mentor junior datascientists; help them cultivate analytical and statistical skills
- Serve as one of the group's senior"sounding boards", helping think through business, conceptual, and technicalissues
- Assist the team leader triage or refineproject ideas based on feasibility, resource requirements, generalizability,relevance, etc
- Suggest refinements of requests from other R&I leaders
- Monitor project work for quality assurance and call attention to codingor methodological issues
- Ensure that analytical results are being appropriately interpreted,communicated, and documented
- Coach non-data science R&I members on the'art of the possible' to address their 'problem statement' and derive insights
- Help foster a culture of creativity &experimentation
Qualifications and Work Experience
How you'll grow
- PhD in statistics or one of the quantitativesocial sciences
- 5+ years of experience doing hands-on, statistics-intensivework
- Solidexperience working in a consulting statistician capacity: ideating with clients, manifesting goodcommunication skills, balancing multiple projects
- Broad, solid knowledge of statistics with depth in one or more areas suchas survey design/analysis, econometrics, or causal inference
- Flair for Exploratory Data Analysis
- Knowledge of core machine learning methods
- Ability and eagerness to keep abreast of data-intensivedevelopments in such fields as text analysis, social network analysis, Computational Social Science
Apply with a letter explaining why you are interested in this roleand expanding upon your qualifications. Pleaseinclude a full CV and two writing samples, ideally sole- orfirst-authored. One sample should beshorter (i.e., 2000 words).
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping peopleat every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do theirbest work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believethere's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills inaddition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, ourprofessionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughouttheir career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. Wevalue our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn moreabout what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte'sculture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages ourpeople to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizingtheir uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices thatcan help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offerwell-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain aculture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more aboutLife at Deloitte. Corporatecitizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact thatmatters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with ourclients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the powerto inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism,and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learnmore about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruitertips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities atDeloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, wesuggest that you do your research: know some background about the organizationand the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips fromDeloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means DeloitteServices LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/aboutfor a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and itssubsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protectedveteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance withapplicable law.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NATSMGRCS098-CL5