Corporate - Risk Control - CIB and Corporate Risk Regulatory Management – Associate
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Control Management focuses on four areas:
1) Control design and expertise
2) Risks and controls identification/assessment
3) Control breaks and resolution
4) Control governance & reporting
The Regulatory Management team for Corporate & CIB Risk is a centralized resource that manages regulatory exams, chairs meetings with regulators, and coordinates responses to regulatory inquiries.
Working directly with team members, JPMC colleagues and with regulators, the Associate in the team will be involved in the full lifecycle of engagement between regulators and the Risk Management function of the firm. He/she will gain exposure to a broad spectrum of regulatory issues and topics as they affect Risk and will regularly interact with other functions and lines of business within JPMC.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Support Executive Directors and Vice Presidents on the team in the management and coordination of exams and non-exam engagements with regulators, including responses to regulators' written inquiries and internal preparation for meetings
- Over time, assume responsibilities for a suite of regular meetings with regulators
- Provide support and serve as the backup to the Risk Keys Coordinator. Keys is the process whereby Regulator Identified Issues are reviewed and challenged internally in the business, before completion and Audit validation.
- Management of the inventory of MIS reports provided by Risk to regulators for completeness and accuracy, and for oversight over the delivery of those reports
- Serve as a liaison with the firm's Regulatory Strategy function in ongoing Quality Assurance reviews and governance matters.
- At least 2 years' experience in financialservices -- Risk, and/or a related Control function, preferred
- Ability to build effective working relationshipsand interact confidently with regulators and with a wide spectrum of colleagues
- Ability to perform under pressure with acommitment to delivering under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;ability to self-edit and respond effectively to regulators and to JPMCmanagement
- Attention to detail and commitment to doingquality work in a comprehensive manner
- Knowledge of regulators' exam processes and/orbackground in regulatory matters a plus
- Strong technical skills - including PowerPoint, Word,Excel