Corporate Accounting Policy Advisor - Accounting Policy Consultant – Vice President
Corporate Accounting Policies (CAP) is an independentfunction within Corporate Controllers. The remit of CAP is to partnerwith the Lines of Business and Corporate Functions by providing accountingexpertise in structuring transactions and new products and in addressing issuesarising from the implementation of new accounting standards and policies. Specifically the remit of CAP includes:
- Providing technical support to senior management and businesses on accounting and control related matters.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies and monitoring policy exceptions.
- Implementing new accounting standards.
- Representing the Firm in external forums, including meetings with standard-setters, regulators, external auditors and industry groups.
CAP is looking for a Vice President to work as part ofits New York team to help support the Investment Banking, Credit, Treasury Services and Custody & FundServices Lines of Business. Specific responsibilities
- Develop and maintain corporate accounting policies and standards.
- Provide technical accounting support for business- or corporate-aligned activities as well as large or unusual transactions, partnering with internal business and finance teams.
- Monitor developments in accounting standards and represent the Firm at relevant industry forums.
- Assist in the implementation of new accountingstandards.
- Review relevant sections of SEC filings,including MD&A and footnotes.
- Prepare and conduct internal education sessions.
- Accounting qualification and previous experience in a technical accounting department, preferably at a financial institution.
- Detailed working knowledge of US GAAP, particularly in relation to financial instruments.
- Enthusiasm and energy to work under tight deadlines and handle competing demands.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex transactions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate technical accounting issues.
- CPA or equivalent designation.