- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Feb 19
Credit Valuation Adjustment C# Developer # 122617
We believe that this role will be focusing on the development of the strategic risk management platform and associated trading tools for the bank's xVA trading desk. This is a high profile role working on a strategic Front Office Risk Platform where you will have the opportunity to directly impact the project's success and stand out. This is an excellent opportunity for those with a risk background to gain front office exposure.
The xVA desk is a global desk at Credit Suisse (CS) present in London, New York and Singapore that has responsibility for:
- Credit Valuation Adjustment (CVA) Calculation and hedging (Investment Bank).
- Collateral Adjusted Valuation (CAV) hedging (Fixed Income Division).
- Funding Valuation Adjustment (FVA) calculation and hedging (Investment Bank).
- Use ratio compression.
- Portfolio optimization (Fixed Income Division).
The xVA IT team is responsible for the bank's strategic distributed risk system, extending it to support the xVA desk, including:
- Sophisticated risk analysis and reporting functionality.
- Market and trade data interfaces.
- Services to integrate the risk analytics engine with the trading application layer.
- Distributed computation requirements including internal/external cloud, calculation performance, etc.
- Scenario and regulatory exposure calculations.
- Downstream fosters and reporting layer.
- Provide ad hoc third line development support to the desk.
- Projects will range from major improvements to improving controls/efficiency in existing flows, extending the applications for new business initiatives, and the implementation of newly developed in-house interfaces and technologies.
- You will work as part of a global team with developers in London, New York and Wroclaw. They will be working in a dynamic front office environment and will therefore require self-motivation, enthusiasm, strong communication and very good interpersonal skills in addition to strong, broad ranging technical abilities.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have deep knowledge in C# with multi-threading and excellent design skills.
- You have deep knowledge in MS SQL Server and/or SSAS.
- You have extensive experience in financial/trading related risk and instruments (preferably a CVA or Credit derivatives background).
- You have in depth exposure to market and trade data within an Investment Banking environment.
- You have the ability to pick up any technical problem and run with it to reach a successful conclusion.
- You have strong communication, interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Experience as a senior developer or development lead on technical projects, with an emphasis on Investment Banking front office risk and distributed systems.
- Experience working with and being a key part of global development team.
- A dedicated professional who is keen to deliver.
- A self-starter and self-learner, able to jump into any task.
- Shows drive, passion and can-do attitude.
- Challenges status quo and contributes to change.
- Spots and seizes opportunities for the bank and for individuals within your area.
- Is eager to grow and learn for your area and as an individual.
- Stretches yourself and others to drive things forward.
- Effectively leads a team: communicating, setting direction, making decisions, intervening when off track.
- Delegates and empowers: assigns clear responsibilities and manages performance.
- Thinks ahead, acts with oversight, co-ordinates efforts to support strategy.
- Coaches and develops people, provides actionable feedback.
- Fosters collaboration within and across teams.
- Understands a range of attitudes and styles - demonstrates differences to achieve better results.
- Has no compliance or control issues.
- Fully stays in sync with the bank's code of conduct and all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Supervises her/his direct reports effectively, takes preventive action where needed and sanctions misconduct.
- Shows true concern for compliance and control standards, protects the bank's reputation and earns our clients' trust.
- Is diligent, disciplined and organized in her/his work: meets deadlines, strives for high quality, has complete documentation.
- Promotes and considers operational efficiency in business decisions resulting in the efficient use of the Bank's resources
- Partnership with Clients:
- Proposes solutions that truly fit clients' needs.
- Communicates effectively; moves easily from discussion to agreement.
- Is calm and confident with clients.
- Builds sustainable client relationships.
- Creates a network for the client within Credit Suisse.
- Has developed a complete base of knowledge in her/his areas of expertise.
- Effectively applies her/his knowledge to deliver solutions that fit the purpose and are feasible.
- Readily shares knowledge.
- Approaches problems systematically and objectively, analyses facts and evaluates options, draws sound conclusions.
For more information visit Technology Careers.