Derivatives Funding Controller
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 22 Mar 19
Derivatives Funding Controller
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Background on the Position:
Derivatives Funding Product Controllers support the Bank Resource Management desk in their derivatives collateral management activities by performing Daily Profit & Loss (P&L) Control and monthly Net Revenue and Balance Sheet Certification, as well as providing business support, analysis and ownership of key funding related financial information. The team is also responsible for analyzing and attributing these funding costs to the Business Units to help incentivize optimal trading behavior and decisions.
- Key member of global renovation project focusing on automating and allocating P&L and creating reporting to assist controllers and BU with analysis:
- Performing end user testing
- Assist in training rollout to wider controller group
- Being point of contact for controller queries
- Compiling analysis of drivers behind collateral balance and/or rate movements
- Assist with creating / refining specs for reporting development
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations for senior Finance management and stakeholders on Derivatives Funding initiatives
- Partnering with Treasury and Liquidity Controllers to provide a complete funding picture of the firm.
- Continuous improvement of controls around P&L and Balance Sheet reporting
- Liaising with BRM Business Unit on daily or ad-hoc requests
- Involvement in department level initiatives including New Products and booking model changes/reviews
Skills required :
- Possess a rounded commercial approach to reporting and controllership
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient at summarizing and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders across a variety of business and finance areas
- Close attention to detail
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in the financial services industry (Financial and Product Control, Treasury or Funding)
- Knowledge of financial products which are used in the financial services industry, particularly derivatives and repurchase agreements
- Previous Finance project experience is desired but not a must