Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Patreon, Dashlane, Udacity, Binance, Wise, Sony Electronics, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
We're proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work in the USA , with 89% of colleagues agreeing that this is a great place to work. That's 30% above average.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Director - Tax - Americas to join our growing Tax team. This role will be a key member of our tax leadership team reporting to the VP - Tax Larry Skor. You will be joining a quickly scaling tax organization with global reach and will lead the Americas tax function across compliance, controllership, and planning. What you'll be doing:
- Teaming with the tax team, and other senior finance and business leaders to
- ensure proper tax support for all of Checkout's Americas operations currently
- and in the future
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of Checkout's tax Americas region
- tax provision
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of Checkout's tax compliance
- obligations in the Americas
- Represent tax in cross-functional initiatives including regional M&A
- Act as a go-to tax resource for regional business leaders
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- JD/CPA or similar designation
- Expert technical tax skills, preferably in financial services/payments
- Significant experience in multinational organizations
- Experience with IFRS and US GAAP, specifically IAS12/ASC740
- Significant tax compliance, controllership, and structuring within the
- Americas region
- Strong communication skills
- Big 4 experience preferred