End User Computing Engineer
Job Description: End User Computing Engineer Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $385 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Innovations Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title:
End User Computing Engineer Job Description:
As a member of the End user computing group you will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and improvement of the firm wide user environment. In this role you will provide advanced support on all laptop, desktop, software and remote access issues. The ideal candidate will help determine the best solutions for our business needs, help identify gaps and shortcomings in current setups, and determine necessary path forward to create consistent and efficient systems. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to workflow across change requests, documentation, ticketing, design sessions and meeting participation
- Help contribute to the team through annual roadmap planning and fluidly handle reprioritization
- Contribute to the team's ability to mitigate risk by understanding technical details in depth and asking the right questions
- Efficiently troubleshoot/prioritize issues and create a culture of root cause analysis
- Architect and implement automation, ensuring a consistent and reliable environment
- Coordinate vendor escalations by acting as a bridge between the vendor's engineering resources and Blackstone
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex 3rd level desktop related issues
- Research and evaluation of user-facing hardware and software platforms
- Continuously move Blackstone forward by researching new and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of the complete Citrix Architecture, including administration, configuration and ongoing support of XenApp, StoreFront, Receiver, Director, and Studio
- Experience with Citrix Administration via PowerShell scripting
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, Windows Operating System, Office, and Internet Explorer Group Policy administration of client devices
- Strong understanding of Windows profile management, folder redirection, offline files, Windows registry and other core operating system technologies
- Proficient in all Windows operating systems - primarily Window 7/10
- Experience with SSL VPN, or other remote access products
- Experience with Ghost, Image X and other OSD technologies and deployment methods
- Experience with Application packaging, compatibility testing, and software distribution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.