Enterprise Data - Business Intelligence Analyst
Each of our clients is unique. They have their own workflows and very specific data needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling means our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply cannot operate. Making the right decisions for our customers and services with such varying and complex consumption is a challenge. Extracting intelligence from our datasets is key to our success and that is where you come in. What is the role?
The Business Intelligence team drives new business and organic growth in the Enterprise Data department through providing actionable insights to key decision makers. Whether we are working on the design of products and commercial strategies or uncovering sales opportunities through data analysis, technology, collaboration and understanding of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
We work closely with both regional and global teams across stakeholder groups such as Sales, CFO Office, Global & Regional Department Heads, Business and Product Development, Global Data, Operational Support and other verticals across the firm. In order to achieve our goals and deliver results we extensively leverage technology for data warehousing, analysis and visualization (Qliksense, IBM Cognos, Tableau, Excel PowerPivot, VBA, SQL, Python, R). We'll trust you to:
You'll need to be:
- Analyze large and complex data sets with the ability to draw conclusions and provide meaningful insights to stakeholders.
- Build out an extensive network within the organization that you will effectively leverage to influence outcomes and achieve results.
- Develop commercial models incorporating market feedback, business insight and specific commercial goals.
- Drive sales strategies and generate targeted campaigns by leveraging data.
- Share actionable insights with the management team through both ad-hoc reporting and building dashboards.
- Design tools to enable our stakeholders to access self-service analytics & pre-packaged datasets.
- Manage major projects in collaboration with the Data Warehouse engineers for data acquisition and report automation.
- Explore alternative datasets to enrich & expand existing analytics.
If this sounds like you:
- Self-Motivated and Independent. You should be independent and proactive, continuously looking for opportunities to make a positive impact on the business. You are able to focus on the solution and deliver results even when faced with setbacks, uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Innovative and Creative. You have the ability to think and see different approaches to a problem and to factor in future risk and shortcomings with potential solutions. You can challenge the status-quo with imaginative ideas.
- Excellent Collaborator and Resourceful Negotiator. You can build relationships with key stakeholders quickly and negotiate the scope of a project for a win-win outcome where we are efficiently leveraging our resources. You work well in a team environment where global collaboration is essential for success.
- Clear Communicator. You can deliver clear, concise and structured presentations where you understand your audience and convey the appropriate amount of information.
- Highly Analytical. You are able to think beyond a task, understand the ultimate goal and ask the right questions. You connect the dots.
- Technical. You have the experience of BI technology tools and the passion and aptitude to learn more. You are able to quickly adopt new tools and assist in migration and integration throughout the global team and department. You have the ability to shorten time spent on task with your technical background.
- Well Organized. Your work is easy to follow and you can provide quick concise updates on all projects you are working on. When faced with an unstructured work environment you create your own structure to achieve goals.
- Strong Financial Markets and Market Data Background. You can apply this knowledge in your reports and projects adding more value to the data itself. You understand the basics of all financial asset types as well as quality, coverage and depth of Bloomberg data sets.
Apply if you think you are a good match and we will get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.