Our client is an exciting international firm looking to build their North American presence by appointing their first New York sales professional. Their cutting leading edge technology stack is an artificial intelligence / machine learning platform, that transforms complex data & information processing for the financial markets for analysts, much more intelligently and quicker than current investment research and modelling systems. Application examples include automating securities valuation model building, to the digitisation of fundamental information for deep data extraction. Given demand they've seen for their solutions in Europe our client intends to hire a sales professional in New York, so an exciting opportunity with the freedom and flexibility to develop and "own" the US market, acquiring and growing your own books of business.
Appropriate applicants need to be able to show:
- Experience selling to Hedge Funds, Asset Managers and/or Investment Banks etc. Ideally you will have sold to equity research and/or quant analysts, and understand their data / information and valuation modelling needs.
- A proven ability and interest for new business sales.
- The ability to pick up solutions which are new and unique in the market.
- It's likely you'll have experience working at either a technology company, data / financial information or investment research provider. Personal qualities and sales aptitude is more important than what you've been selling previously, so opportunity for someone to "pivot" into the FinTech sector.
- An articulate, consultative and confident sales approach conducive for selling to asset / hedge funds (portfolio managers, heads of research, equity and research analysts etc).
- Interest in working for a high growth enterprise, with the personal motivation and ability to contribute to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team culture in a self-directed role.
So certainly superb career opportunity for the right entrepreneurial spirited sales professional, where this person can make the role "their own", "have impact", and reap the financial, professional and personal rewards that come with such a high growth FinTech sales career opportunity. This company firmly believes their solution will become a global research standard and are building winning global sales organisation to make this become reality!
Key words: new business sales, sales executive, sales manager, sales representative, account executive, VP sales, hedge funds, buy side, asset management, investment management, investment banking, capital markets, equity research, valuation models, investment research, model building, quantitative analytics, modelling, pricing, big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms, quantitative, algorithmic, fundamental research, stock selection, equity analysts, credit analysts, fundamental research, fundamental analysis, big data, quantitative, algorithmic, analytics.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.