Who we're looking for
We're looking for a HR Assistant to join our New York based HR team. In this role you will provide an effective, efficient, accurate and professional HR service covering full administrative, operational and project management support to the Americas HR team.
You will report to the Head of HR, and work closely day to day with the HR Advisor and TA Specialists. You will help to provide a quality HR service to the business as a whole ensuring that high standards are adopted and executed across all elements of HR.
The role will involve:
- processing of new joiners, leavers and transfers;
- Producing standard letters for various employee life cycle events i.e. accommodation and mortgage references
- Maintenance of employee data by understanding and using the Oracle HR system
- Processing invoices
- Scheduling interviews
- Administrative and project support for the Americas HR team
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We are based at 7 Bryant Park in the heart of NYC. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. We operate a hybrid working model, with a requirement that our HR Assistant be in the office 3 days per week. This is to sustain our culture of innovation, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and building relationships with the business. What you'll do HR Administration
- Under the supervision of the HR Advisor, take responsibility of the new joiner onboarding and first day induction processes.
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR queries from employees and line managers.
- Administer the transfer and leaver process.
- Compose and distribute routine written correspondence from Human Resources e.g. references, transfers and changes of reporting line.
- Provide administrative support relating to the performance management system
- Provide administrative support for regulatory regimes
- Liaise with the payroll team to process salary adjustments and other employee life cycle events on a monthly basis
- Provide support in answering Learning and Development queries .
- Provide administrative support and guidance for absence recording.
- Process invoices in a timely manner.
- Maintain and develop the HR process manuals for improved and accurate usage.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when required
- To conduct all administration surrounding the recruitment of candidates prior to, during and after engagement/employment, including scheduling interviews and following up with hiring Managers to gather feedback.
- Provide support to program recruitment, such as the Veteran Intern Program and the Summer Intern program.
- Manage and maintain the recruitment tracker.
- Enter data into the HR system so that accurate records are maintained.
- Provide data for standard and ad hoc reports.
- Maintain the electronic employee filing system.
- Conduct appropriate checks to ensure data integrity.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Provide note taking support in investigations for disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Assist the Team with the development and maintenance of human resource policies and procedures.
- Contribute to HR projects as required
- Carry out any ad hoc duties in order to support the HR department as determined by the Head of HR.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Proven attention to detail and an acute understanding of the importance of data accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Excellent IT skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of working within an HR environment
- Understanding of operational processes within a large organisation
- Team orientated
- Results focused
- Able to multitask and prioritise workload,
What you'll be like
- Knowledge of Oracle HRMS is desirable but not essential
- Natural problem solver
- Able to work without constant direct supervision in line with pre-agreed deliverables
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- 'Can Do' attitude
- Pays attention to detail and accuracy
- Understands and implements processes with the ability to question - keeping the end goal of process in mind
- Good level of numeracy
- Appreciates and understands the need for confidentiality in dealing with all HR and development issues.
- Demonstrable curiosity and passion to learn about Asset Management/ Financial Services
- Excellent client service skills.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.