- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
IT Audit - Financial Controls - Sr. Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAMoody's Financial Controls office is seeking a Manager to Senior Manager of Financial Controls to manage a core team as well as participate in the preparation of specialized SOX controls testing and documentation for the purpose of mitigating risk within Moody's Financial Systems. The Moody's Financial Controls Office is responsible for global oversight; execution and documentation of specific SOX control testing that mitigate risk within Moody's Financial Systems. This position is part of the Global Financial Control Office and will be required to participate on all assigned project related tasks while supporting internal audit requests.
- Manage and participate within the core team to perform thorough analytical reviews with documentation on end-to-end scenarios for specific projects ensuring tractability to requirement and design documentation exists.
- Manage and participate within the core team to perform thorough analytical review of all delivered and developed reports and interfaces related to specific projects identifying with documented justification of key reports and interfaces that impact financials.
- Manage and participate within the core team to perform thorough analytical testing with auditable documentation for all key reports and interfaces. Specifically ensuring documented evidence is compiled and prepared for presentation to verify completeness and accuracy of the data as it relates to reports and interfaces. Ensure all key and compensating controls are tested and meet expectations.
- Ensure all project documentations complies with the PDLC model documented in proper format for Internal and External audit review.
- Oversee and work with external business analysts used as system integrators toward achieving Moody's business requirements and review their respective Service and Organization Controls Reports to ensure they are delivering all necessary functionality and financial controls based on business requirement documents.
- Perform SOC 1 type 2 analysis and testing on specific key functionality not described in Soc 1 documentation as required.
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5+ years' experience with IT audit performing functionalities related to SOC controls; specifically completeness and accuracy testing on Financial data. (Additional degrees or professional certification a plus)
- The position requires a thorough working knowledge of the various aspects of Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) and strong knowledge of Financial Control testing related to PDLC.
- The candidate must possess a deep understanding of the Financial Control landscape, audit review, ability to interpret SOC 1 type 2 reports (Service and Organization Controls Reports) and is able to articulate complex information through reports, dashboards and presentations that tell a story to technical as well as functional users and executives.
- The candidate is expected to learn and retain an understanding of the Financial, Accounting operational, and technology processes, risks and controls related to Moody's business, specifically for the area under review.
- possess strong analytical, communication, organizational and time management skills and be able to create robust presentations and process flows. Candidate must be Fluent in English language skills, which include efficient and effective written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Power point, Word and advanced Excel are required. Knowledge of internal controls, internal controls framework and risk standards, Sarbanes Oxley Act, GAAP and financial systems and related technology.
- Agile delivery methods experience and Internal Audit experience with Financial ERP Application Oracle/PeopleSoft/SAP and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.