IT SOX Senior Manager Grade: 12
(relevant for internal only) The Location:
Englewood, Colorado (USA), US - CO Virtual, New York, NY The Team:
S&P Global Internal Audit team is a global and diverse team providing independent and objective assurance on the control environment for the business and operations of the company to the Board of Directors and executive management. Internal Audit is an independent function reporting functionally to the S&P Global Audit Committee and administratively to the Company's President & CEO.
The SOX Compliance team is a critical unit of the global Internal Audit function. The IT SOX Senior Manager is essential in leading IT Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance testing and assisting in evaluating compliance with corporate policies, assessing risks over the IT operating environment and identifying operational efficiencies. This role will report into the Senior Director, Corporate Functions and SOX testing. S&P Global Internal Audit is a global function with presence across all regions, key markets, and locations. The Impact:
This role provides oversight over the third-party provider and works closely with the external audit team in executing the IT SOX testing. It will work very closely with the IT SOX control partners including the Controllers function. What's in it for you:
The role provides extraordinary learning opportunities and the ability to work with senior management across the Company. If you're right for this role, you will meet and work with people across the Company in interesting and meaningful engagements. You'll love this job because it provides new opportunities for professional growth daily. You will leverage cutting edge digital next generation capabilities and data analytics practices to improve the audit testing techniques. This role will be primarily accountable for S&P Global IT SOX execution, program management and leadership. The incumbent will be expected to oversee independent and objective assurance projects, collaborate with business, and IT risk partners and work effectively with members of the Internal Audit Leadership team. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Support implementation of IA-wide processes, procedures, policies, and initiatives.
- Complete the annual SOX testing plan through effective supervision and time/budget management, measures progress, and proposes revisions to reflect changing priorities.
- Provide strong program management over the 3rd party provider on the SOX IT testing strategy and progress to completion. Facilitate comprehensive scheduling of testing phases, oversight over quality of testing performed, and remediation of control gaps/deficiencies.
- Provide fair and balanced insights into current, emerging and potential issues, trends, and opportunities that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of management and control processes.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, Senior Management, and other key leaders. Also serve as a trusted advisor on related regulatory/compliance issues. Demonstrate strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Engage in Management requested and/or consulting projects and provide advisory services to Management.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Set clear, well defined, desired outcomes for work activities and track progress, in the process motivating others using a variety of approaches, all in support of S&P Global' s and Internal Audit's visions.
- Screen candidates for employment based on department/channel needs.
- Provide solid leadership that exemplifies the company core values and leadership expectations.
- Extensive audit experience (7+ years) performing IT SOX compliance
- Experience with audit considerations related to service organizations and Service Organization Control (SOC) reports.
- Experience with agile principles and application and usage of data analytics tools such as Alteryx and Tableau is a plus.
- Public accounting, consulting or other financial industry in a regulated business environment experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and written) with professionalism and possess strong presentation skills among all levels of management. Can balance diplomacy with assertiveness and hold difficult or sensitive discussions with confidence, while gaining and/or maintaining the trust of others. Is articulate and composed when delivering difficult messages to clients.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage people in a way that inspires, develops, and delivers results; demonstrated track record of integrity, innovation, and excellence.
- Could require 10-20% travel within Americas, and other locations where the company is located.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience; Master's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting a plus
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- CPA, CIA CISA, or other relevant local certification
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $88,400 to $183,500. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit link https://spgbenefits.com/benefit-summaries/us About Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
273589 Posted On:
Englewood, Colorado, United States