Overview of the role
This position is designed to delve into the full marketing needs of the Intermediary channel. This will involve developing a deep understanding of the channel, including the various audience types, the appropriate products for those audiences and ultimately the best mechanisms to reach said audience. This is a managerial role currently overseeing a team of one. The primary function of this role will be the development of the Intermediary marketing strategy and overseeing its implementation and tracking in order to drive incremental sales leads for sales to act upon. Key responsibilities Strategic
- Establish the strategy which will involve clearly articulated goals and objectives aligned to the needs of the various segments within the Intermediary business. This includes, Hartford Funds, sub advisory and Insurance. Overall objectives will be informed by both the North American Intermediary Business as well as central marketing.
- This role will take the lead in the development of campaigns for each of the various Intermediary segments. This will include determining the appropriate messages and identifying the target audiences, delivering those messages via multiple tactics (email, social media, events, PR, etc) and then tracking the results to determine effectiveness.
- Oversee the development of the Intermediary events agendas and speaker briefings. This will involve close collaboration with Intermediary Sales and working with the events
team for implementation. Intent is to provide world-class events based on the already defined events process. Success of the event will be determined through post event data.
- This position will see marketing being used as a prospecting tool. This will involve using content, events and outside providers (ie Brighttalk) to achieve two goals: 1)To identify and nurture new leads to ultimately have those convert from marketing led lead to a sales lead. 2) Tracking marketing efforts to better inform sales conversations. A heavy aspect to this role will be the clearly articulated and monitored process from taking leads from marketing through to sales follow-up.
- Work closely with content and digital marketing to ensure alignment to the overall objectives of the individual channels.
- Work closely with media buying agency to develop and oversee the implementation of Intermediary campaigns when appropriate. This can involve both print and digital.
- Work closely with the PR department to be aware of all aspects PR that would impact the Intermediary marketplace.
- Oversight of minor website edits and all Intermediary email deployments. Work closely with digital team to ensure tracking and learnings are captured. Monthly reviews with Head of Sales should be put into place.
- Work closely with finance to ensure ongoing budgets are accurate and that we do not unknowingly go over budget.
- Be the point person for any and all research involving the Intermediary channel.
- Be a brand champion in all activities
- Use data to inform and improve relevancy and engagement with the various marketing activities. These activities and how they are deemed to be effective or ineffective should be based in more data than opinion.
- Be proactive in understanding client requirements in order to deliver market leading campaigns. Work with fund managers, analysts, economists, strategists, channel marketing, PR and sales - building and maintaining strong relationships in order to provide value-added and dynamic information to our clients.
- Support and encourage communication from others - direct team members, fund managers and investment directors for example. This may involve a dynamic approach - for example, ensuring a timely comment on any event that may be of interest to our clients.
Tracking and analytics
- To have a high level of knowledge and understanding of markets and our funds in their own area, in addition to keeping up with other markets and economic and business developments around the world.
- Embed insights from analytics and feedback to inform content creation ensuring we produce and deliver the most relevant and interesting content for our various audiences. Ensure this content fits as part of a wider narrative reflected in all activity, from events to media relations.
- Be the voice of the Americas when dealing with central groups, ensuring the needs and subtleties of the local marketplace are understood.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.