Junior DevOps Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . BUSINESS AREA OVERVIEW:
ENSO helps clients simplify complexity and optimize resources. We are a leading hedge fund service provider offering clients the ability to use critical business insights to become more competitive while strengthening their broker relationships. Our suite of intuitive, data-driven tools enhances risk and operational transparency and improves transaction efficiency, allowing multi-prime hedge funds and asset managers to optimize structural and variable costs. ROLE SUMMARY:
We are seeking a motivated candidate to join our Systems/DevOps team. We design, deploy, maintain, and support multiple applications. Our work encompasses physical/virtual servers, AWS, DevOps, scripting, databases, web servers, networking, and information security. Our work is at the center of a thriving hub of ENSO activity and we are responsible for mission critical systems at the enterprise scale. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
PERSON SPECIFICATION: SKILLS:
- Maintain system reliability, data protection, and system security in both data-center and cloud environments
- Actively participate in design and architecture of our infrastructure and application environment.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues to provide outstanding support for customers; determine root cause and implement permanent resolutions for more intricate issues
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Evaluate and deploy new software and hardware
- Participate in information security tasks, monitoring, and audit evidencing
- Participate in a growing team and wider group of systems administrators and engineers with a 24x7 worldwide presence
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and scalable multi-site implementations
- Must possess strong documentation skills and be able to work with rapid change
- Self-starter able to work independently and with the Team
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar)
- 2+ years' experience years in system/server/database administration, application deployment and product release.
- Good understanding of Linux/UNIX (preferably Red Hat/CentOS), protocols and services
- Experience with systems automation, configuration management, and source control tools, e.g. Puppet, Git
- Experience in administering, provisioning, configuring, and monitoring web servers, application servers, load-balancers, and build systems, e.g. Tomcat, Apache/Nginx, HAProxy, Jenkins, Windows servers
- Experience in virtualization technology as well as data-center hardware, e.g. servers, networks, cabling
- Experience with Active Directory or Windows a plus
- Experience working under information security certifications a plus, e.g. ISO27001, PCI, SOC2