PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
Portfolio Associate team members directly support Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm's global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates use their mathematical and fixed income training to actively monitor portfolios and markets to assist Portfolio Managers in measuring risk and managing client assets.
Portfolio Associates are responsible for supporting portfolio construction, implementation, performance attribution, and monitoring portfolio risk. They will be optimizing portfolios at the discretion of the PM's, helping to implement themes across the portfolios in scope. Position Development Value:
- Extensive exposure to industry authorities within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
- Ensuring investment objectives are reflected across portfolios in scope
- Monitoring portfolio positions and products versus client guidelines in concert with Compliance team
- Coordinating with Portfolio Management on re-balancing of portfolios
- Utilizing proprietary risk systems for monitoring of portfolio exposures
- Assisting in account transitions and cash flow management
- Conducting performance and attribution analyses
- Tagging trades into risk categories within the portfolio
- Ad hoc operational tasks
- Responding to ad hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team
- Strong academic background in a technical field from a leading, accredited college or university
- Good understanding of fixed income asset classes, including knowledge of at least some of the following instruments; Treasury, Corporate, Securitized, Mortgages, FX and derivatives on all of these products.
- Outstanding communication skills are required to operate in a complex financial environment
- Excel "power user"
- Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 105,000.00 - $ 122,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.