What is BlockFi?
BlockFi's mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We're a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Product Manager
to join our growing Crypto Payments Team! About Your Team
BlockFi's Crypto Payments team focuses on enabling our clients to seamlessly move cryptocurrency on and off our platform via blockchain payment rails. The world of "crypto payments" is one of THE MOST innovative, cutting edge and uncharted areas of the financial services industry. BlockFi is dedicated to building a best-in-class crypto payments platform to enable BlockFi's mission statement of global financial inclusion. Our team is focused on understanding and removing the complexity surrounding the movement of cryptocurrency via blockchain payment rails and subsequently pushing forward the crypto industry. Your Mission
As a Product Manager on the crypto payments team you will drive the product development of existing and new payment solutions for our clients. As part of the BlockFi Core/Platform team, which aims to provide a solid foundation to enable BlockFi product experiences, you will be working closely with the Fraud, Compliance, Internal Systems and Data Management teams to make robust, scalable payment solutions. Building a payment platform that supports an ever increasing number of blockchain payment methods will require both an appreciation of building robust systems and a drive to integrate deeply with crypto custodial wallets solutions.
This is a central role within BlockFi as it directly supports BlockFi's continued growth and development. Responsibilities
- Drive the product strategy and execution to reliably ship product that help our team's mission
- Manage the product backlog, effectively prioritizing, and identifying new opportunities for features and key enhancements
- Develop strong relationships with our product stakeholders to effectively manage our product's journey
- 3+ years of Product Management experience with a successful track record of professional growth
- Direct experience ( preferred ) in Crypto Payments and specifically integrating with or working for a crypto wallet custodian
- Passion about the work you do and impact the products you've built have on your clients and broader company mission
- Have worked on products that require a deep understanding of internal client needs (accounting, finance, fraud, legal, operations, client service and marketing) and retail client needs
- Ability to synthesize complex problems into more simplified solutions while communicating effectively and transparently with fellow teammates and stakeholders
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand