Production Support Representative - Enterprise Technology Services
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and don't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible. What's The Role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products.
This individual will be a trusted authority for troubleshooting, resolving and "owning" issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. You are focused on delivering new implementations through to supporting the client in production by being strategically focused on the overall customer experience and deepening our relationship with them. You will be responsible for managing service tickets through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As part of a client facing team, you will be responsible for the management of a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including (but not limited to) FIX, MQ, XML, SWIFT and Bloomberg APIs. We'll Trust You To:
You'll Need to Have:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading and reporting products suite, examine their root cause, and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Own the implementations projects from inception to completion and provide production support for existing clients. This includes building and certifying new connections and trading workflows, configuring applications for these services, and completing post-production testing and managing go-live
- Partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future systems, product improvements, and prevent system issues
- Collaborate with internal partners such as the Product team to provide client feedback
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues and partner with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented successfully
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organizations
We'd Love to See (pluses):
- 2+ years prior experience working in similar technical support and/or implementation roles
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with sense of urgency, multi-task, and effectively prioritize work within a dynamic changing environment.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex technical problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical mindset
- Ability to learn new technologies on the job and absorb new information quickly
- Proven track record in communicating with senior level technologists/operations
- An ability to articulate, write and own technology stack mappings[r1]
Does this sound like you?
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree
- Working knowledge of Message Protocols including: FIX, SFTP, or MQ is highly preferable
- Exposure to Fixed Income, FX, and/or Equities trading workflows as well as MiFID and SFTR regulations concerning trade and transaction reporting
- Experience in Linux and/or UNIX operating systems and commands
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
- Working product knowledge of Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income and FX market workflows
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience with one or more of the following: XML, JSON, SWIFT
- Exposure to scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, and/or Python
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases (structured and un-structured data sets)
- Ability to speak an additional language (Spanish, Portuguese, etc) to a business level
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.