Program Manager – Global Finance & Payroll Shared Services
What's the role?
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager for our Global Finance & Payroll Shared Services team to lead strategic transformation programs spanning across existing and emerging products, back-office efficiencies and compliance for multiple business units at Bloomberg.
In this role, you'll work collaboratively with multiple global product owners and business leaders across Finance, HR, Payroll and Technology to develop enterprise solutions as part of our overall strategic transformation efforts. You'll lead engagements, mobilize teams, handle change efforts and successfully deliver key implementations with complex systems integrations focus.
On any given day you'll use your outstanding leadership, negotiation and influencing skills to interact across our multiple business units and levels to deliver on critical project initiatives. You'll be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment, flexibility and a hands-on approach. You use diverse and compelling methods to communicate effectively and enjoy connecting with global partners. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Lead all program management efforts throughout the full project lifecycle by applying a consistent, predictable and transparent delivery methodology
- Coordinate across all workstreams to gain agreement on scope, timeline, approach, assumptions, dependencies, risks, issues and deliverables for implementations - particularly with a focus on systems integration
- Align vendors, stakeholders and other partners to develop detailed program schedules and release plans and align on management reporting efforts; aggregate team progress against deliverables; maintain project plans
- Run project team status meetings to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met and dependencies are tracked
- Actively communicate status to project teams and key project partners throughout implementation stages and escalate where required.
- Understand possible program risks and issues and develop mitigation plans. Improve performance by encouraging team cohesiveness though leadership, mentoring and motivating to facilitate cooperation and successful delivery
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into project plans
- Work with project partners to support and execute key change management activities such as: communications, stakeholder expectations, change impact assessments and training
- Work with flexibility to embrace and drive change requests due to advancing technical/functional capabilities
- Develop change impact assessments through sessions with business and technology representatives in order to articulate benefits and impacts of change
- Define change management activities necessary to drive successful implementation
- Drive end-user readiness and adoption of new processes and systems through effective process mapping, communications, training and support as appropriate
We'd love to see:
- 10+ years of deep project/program management experience running projects in matrixed and dynamic environments
- A relevant Bachelor's degree
- Attested experience running projects through the lifecycle, from project initiation to deployment, including change requests, issues and risks management and status reporting
- Experience working with complex and integrated technology systems; at enterprise levels with multiple integration partners
- Exposure leading projects with geographically dispersed teams
- Leadership facilitation experience to drive senior-level decision-making through transparency and data visualization
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills; you influence and negotiate with ease
- A high level of energy and engagement and able to motivate others
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams, complex business and technology managers, vendors and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills - with prior track record presenting to C-suite executives and other senior management
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
- A passion for Program Management and the ability to apply a consistent and repeatable SDLC methodology, effectively lead and collaborate across business functions to deploy continuous improvement efforts
- Flexibility to travel if the need arises (less than 10% of the time)
If this sounds like you:
- Experience in full lifecycle program/change management for large-scale ERP implementations (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Salesforce)
- Big 4 Consulting experience
- Experience with global implementations; focus on system integration, data conversions, full testing lifecycle
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.