What is the opportunity?
As a Relationship Manager- Business Development, you will be in a sales role responsible for selling Local Government Investment Pools (LGIPs) to Schools and Municipal entities within an assigned geographic territory. You will be responsible for positioning PSDLAF as a solutions-oriented investment management program and driving revenue growth consistent with RBC GAM's business objectives. The location of this position is in Poughkeepsie, NY. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Meet with identified prospective clients to develop relationships and educate on RBC GAM's investment options.
- Within a defined geographic territory, position PSDLAF as a solutions-oriented investment program with qualified entities.
- Develop a strategic approach to managing the assigned territory that is aligned with the business objectives of RBC GAM and develop productive dialogue broadly with business managers with a focus on cash management solutions in the assigned region.
- Qualify leads and effectively manage the sales process to optimize use of internal resources, and enhance probability of success.
- Conduct daily prospecting campaigns via phone and email to generate new business opportunities across all business channels.
- Field inbound calls/emails from clients and prospects on product specific questions and provide sufficient follow up to all field items and develop comprehensive knowledge of PSDLAF to position self as point of contact for school and municipal entities.
- Strong presentation skills are essential for this role, including the proven ability to manage a meeting effectively and clearly articulateThe Fund's overall value proposition.
- Demonstrated ability to manage pipeline and ability to close business.
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree (Finance, Business or related field) preferred with 2-5 years of recent, relevant financial products sales experience, preferably selling Public Pension, Corporate Pension and/or Endowment & Foundations products to institutional investors within a defined territory would be a plus.
- Series 7 and 66 required.
- Ability/willingness to work in the assigned region.
- Demonstrated ability to generate revenue and drive business growth within the context of RBC GAM's broader business strategy.
- Ability and desire to travel up to 75% of the time.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.