SRE - Access Solutions Engineering Team
ENG Access Solutions provides tools that allow Bloomberg clients to use our product from anywhere and our employees to be effective from any location. We are responsible for maintaining the platform for these solutions. We currently have an extensive infrastructure with hundreds of hypervisors in four locations around the world, dozens of infrastructure VMs, and thousands of VMs for the users of our products. Our team's mission is to develop tools to automate management of this environment.
Our Bloomberg Anywhere platform is used roughly 250,000 times a month for client and employee remote access to the Bloomberg Terminal. This environment adds tremendous value to the Bloomberg product offering and supports our clients globally from multiple locations around the world. Given it's critical role in the workflow of our clients and Bloomberg, our team creates software and processes to make this environment scalable and deliver 99.99% uptime.
We support a mobile solution for Bloomberg employees called bbVPN that empowers our users to work from anywhere more effectively. For example, developers can be more innovative by developing locally while maintaining access to Bloomberg's systems. For employees that need to work remotely from their own hardware, we provide remote desktop solutions. These products are all an integral part of the disaster recovery plan for our company and our clients. Our platform also provides a secure sandbox environment where users can access sensitive information or even untrusted or potentially malicious content. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Apply your experience as a SRE to mentor team on SRE concepts and best practices within
- Engineer solutions to monitor the health, availability, and capacity of our environment and software
- Maintain monitoring of our systems and provide solutions that can react to those alarms to minimize client impact and manual intervention
- Assist in architecting large-scale secure solutions for our teams products
- Define service level objectives and appropriate metrics to measure our performance against those objectives
We'll love to see:
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant SRE role
- Experience with using configuration and orchestration software such as Chef, Ansible, or Packer
- Experience administering Windows and Linux environments
- Willingness to constantly learn and develop your skills and bring that knowledge back to the team
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you, apply!
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere and OpenStack
- Continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins
- Experience using Windows Powershell to automate tasks
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.